Recently, I have tried to become more healthy and cook clean. So I’ve been BFF with sweet potatoes, veggies and all that good stuff.
So I just wanted to share a recipe that I’ve made to create the delicious food shown above.
1 sweet potato cut into wedges about a finger width apart
1 chicken breast
1 large red onion
black ground pepper
knor cube/ Maggi cube
fresh ginger – a thumb width
a good amount of veggies
oil – vegetable or sunflower
sausages rolls were not made by me so they won’t be included in this recipe.
- Preheat the oven and set it to 180 degrees on the fan setting
- Cut chicken into chunks and put them in a small bowl. Add your seasonings (you can add according to your taste) I used thyme, nutmeg, salt, maggi cube which I crushed in with my fingers and some paprika. Later add vegetable oil and mix them together and set aside
- Cut your sweet potato into wedges add some more paprika and vegetable oil and mix. Place onto baking tray making sure that each chunk is placed apart from each other and pop it into the oven for 20-25 mins until it gets crispy around the edges.
- Get out your veggies and set them aside. And cut your onion and fresh ginger into chunks.
- Get a frying pan and set your hob to medium/ high heat and add some oil. Wait for it to heat up and add the chicken.
- Stir and leave to fry for 1 minute each side do this until the chicken is cooked and there’s no pink. You can take one out and use a knife to check that it is white on the inside. After this add your onions and ginger and stir for about 5-6 minutes until the onions turn brown. Reduce the heat to low and add your veggies. stir until veggies are soft to your taste.
- Check if the sweet potatoes are cooked in the oven. When they are, then you can plate them up with the rest of the food